by: Christian Ilten
God’s Grace and Peace to You in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
On Sunday, February 28, 2021 at 3 pm, Pastor Eric Clausen and Pastor Pat Hauser will be installed as Co-Pastors at Christ Lutheran Church. The installation service will take place in the Family Life Center. The same limitations for a “typical” Sunday service will remain in place; we hope and pray that when you sign up to attend you are agreeing to comply with the limitations in place (for example, the necessity of face coverings during services, appropriate social distancing in seating, etc.). We want all members to clearly know what to expect when attending, and deviating from the agreed-upon protocols could present a stumbling block to those who choose to comply with the guidelines we have set in place.
If any of the following circumstances exists, please stay home and join us from the comfort of your living room (the service will be live streamed as well):
- If you or anyone in your family has been exposed to someone with COVID-19;
- If you are not feeling well (cough, chest congestion, fever, etc.);
- If you have a pre-existing condition that might put you at risk for contracting COVID-19 (compromised immune system, cardio-pulmonary condition, etc.);
- If you are simply fearful or apprehensive of the risk involved.
We will also continue to abide with the guidelines established by the CDC and local officials, which seem to be shifting constantly. In order to do so, we have to continue to place certain limits on worship, including but not limited to the following considerations:
- Face coverings are required to attend. Please be sure to wear your face covering:1.) throughout the worship service; 2.) when entering and exiting the worship space. If you happen to arrive without a face covering, please ask one of the Elders, Pastors, or ushers and they will gladly provide you with one. Also, if you would be more comfortable in your own portable chair than the ones provided, please feel free to bring one;
- Social distancing protocol must continue be followed; to accomplish this the chairs inside the Family Life Center will be set in such a way as we are able to maintain 6 ft. distancing between individuals and/or family units.
You can find the sign-up link for the installation service here:
Please be sure to sign up only one person/family per space, indicate the specific number that will be in attendance, as well as listing the names of all that will be in attendance. Please do not bring additional worshipers with you that have not signed up to attend; once we reach the limit of attendees at each service we cannot allow any additional people into the worship space.
Through these challenging times, we will continue forward with an abundance of caution, patience and love. Remember that knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. Please be gracious and understanding toward one another, since many of us may hold differing views regarding some of the guidelines we must follow. This is temporary, and God will lead us through it. So if we are to err, let’s err on the side of grace. Continue to pray that God’s Word be heard by a world that needs it so badly.
His perfect peace be with you today and always. Hope to see you at the installation service for our pastors on February 28th!