by: Christian Ilten
Alleluia, Christ is Risen! He is Risen Indeed, Alleluia!
Greetings in the Name of Our Risen Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
This is the sign-up link for all Sunday Services, April 11, 2021. Please be sure to take the time to read through this entire message; don’t bypass the text and go straight to the sign-up link!
Worshipping together indoors continues to be an incredible blessing! As we bask in Easter’s afterglow it is our intention to continue to do just that. For the good of all of those who sign up to attend worship services, we hope and pray that all who sign up to attend worship and/or set foot into the sanctuary or the Family Life Center for worship agree to comply with the limitations in place (for example, the necessity of face coverings during services, appropriate social distancing in seating, etc.). We want all members to clearly know what to expect when attending, and deviating from the agreed-upon protocols presents a stumbling block to those who choose to comply with the guidelines we have set in place.
Here is the service schedule for Sunday April 11, 2021:
· 8 am, traditional worship in the sanctuary
· 9:15 am, fellowship event on the front lawn with refreshments and games for kids (no sign up required to attend!)
· 10:30 am, contemporary worship in the Family Life Center
In regards to attending any worship service or event here, the following guidelines remain in place regarding your decision to attend in person. Please stay home and view the live stream of the services if:
• If you or anyone in your family has been exposed to someone with COVID-19;
• If you are not feeling well (cough, chest congestion, fever, etc.);
• If you have a pre-existing condition that might put you at risk for contracting COVID-19 (compromised immune system, cardio-pulmonary condition, etc.);
• If you are simply fearful or apprehensive of the risk involved, or if for whatever reason wearing a face covering during worship is not possible for you.
We will also continue to abide with the guidelines established by the CDC and local officials, which seem to be shifting constantly. In order to do so, we have to continue to place certain limits on worship, including but not limited to the following considerations:
1. Face coverings are required for ALL worship services. Please be sure to wear your face covering:1.) throughout the worship service; 2.) when entering and exiting the worship space. Obviously face coverings may be removed when receiving Holy Communion. If you happen to arrive without a face covering, please ask one of the Elders, Pastors, or ushers and they will gladly provide you with one.
2. Social distancing protocol must continue be followed; in our current “tier” recommended social distancing is three feet;
3. For the time being, the nursery will remain closed – there will be no child care available during worship but Sunday mornings will now have in person Sunday School, to learn more contact our DCE David Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org;
4. We have been moved from the red to the orange tier! As of the time of the writing of this email, attendance limitations are as follows:
- Sanctuary Worship – 160 attendees allowed at each service
- Family Life Center – 200 attendees allowed at each service
You can find the sign-up link for this Sunday’s services here:
Please be sure to sign up only one person/family per space, indicate the specific number that will be in attendance, as well as listing the names of all that will be in attendance.
Through this difficult time, we will continue forward with an abundance of caution, patience and love. Remember that knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. Please be gracious and understanding toward one another, since many of us may hold differing views regarding some of the guidelines we must follow. This is temporary, and God will lead us through it. So if we are to err, let’s err on the side of grace. Continue to pray that God’s Word be heard by a world that needs it so badly.
His perfect peace be with you today and always. Hope to see you in worship and on the front lawn for fellowship this Sunday!
In Christ’s Love,
Pastor Eric and Pastor Pat